It's no secret that Portland's Glass Candy ( Formerly, Glass Candy and the Shattered Theater) is by far one of my all time favorite bands. I was lucky enough to see them back in the day, when Johnny played guitar, and they had a drummer in Danava's Ginger Peach. I've been a superfan ever since. The no wave screams of "Love, Love, Love" make it one of the best albums to thrash/ throw your back out to. This I know from experience.
Johnny Jewel's genius conceptualism, beats, and incredibly good looks combined with Ida No's lyrics, voice, and style send me. You never know what to expect, or what they'll say at their live shows. They might preach about the endangered bumble bee, play metal versions of their italo disco ditties, or welcome a guest vocalist/fan from the crowd, and eventually sign and produce her
( ex: Farah). What you can be sure of is a very attractive and stylish crowd, and a killer danceparty.
besos - ari
17 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment